Once again it is Round the Mountain Book Sale time. Come visit our three Southwestern New Hampshire shops offering a varied stock at discount prices. Plan on spending a day and visiting all 3 shops ..and perhaps win a $50. gift certificate!
- Eagle Books 19 West St., Right off the Central Square in Keene.
Thursday: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm; Friday & Saturday 10:30 am to 5:30 pm. Sunday: Noon to 2:30 p. m.
Books over $10., 1/3 off; $5. to $10., 50% off; Books Less than $5., $1. each. (603)-357-8721
General stock, fiction and non-fiction with a good selection of town and other histories. Also strong collections of Americana, Children's books, Art and Nature.
- Bequaert Old Books 37 Rt 119 W, Fitzwilliam
9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m every day.
40% off all stock on main shop floor. 30% off all stock on 2nd and 3rd floors. Books $5. and under, $1. each.
We have a stock of over 40,000 books and paper items. We have particularly strong collections of Children's, European Royal History, New Englandiana, Polar/Mountaineering and Technical Books with emphasis on audio, hi-fi, radio and electronics. We have been buying heavily and have refreshed our shop stock with some interesting (and inexpensive) new titles.
Visit our web site at www.beqbooks.com for directions and how to find our books on line. All of the books we have listed on the internet will be on sale at discounts of at least 30%. Feel free to use our web page to search what we have on-line before coming to the sale.
And finally there is our bargain garage with over 400 books priced at $1. each and completely restocked. (No books from the sale last November remain.)
(603)-585-3448. Send e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aard Books 31 Russell Ave., Troy NH,
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday through Saturday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Sunday). Books $10 and under: $3. All other books: 50% off. Our stock is General Nonfiction: Lots of US and World History, Biography, Military, Maritime, Natural History, Sports, the Arts, etc.
(603)-242-3638. Send e-mail: email@example.com
Note: Homestead Books is out of business and is no longer participating in the Round the Mountain Sale.
For a map of the Monadnock Region, click here
For instructions on how to get to Bequaert Old Books (a good first stop) click here:
Here is a simple itinerary for visiting all 3 shops.
- Begin at Bequaert Old Books in Fitzwilliam. Take Route 119 East but almost immediately at the blinking light turn left (North) on Rt 12. Go roughly 4 miles to Troy. In Troy look for Water St. on your left (right after the bridge). Turn left onto Water St. and go straight ahead to the Stop sign. At the stop sign go straight ahead onto Russell Avenue. Aard Books is number 31 is on the right where Russell Ave. bends to the left. The mailbox reads "McLeavy Kelsey", (Travel time about 5 minutes)
- From Aard Books go back east on Russell Ave. Just beyond the stop sign turn left and then right to arrive at the Troy Town Common. Go around Common and North on Rt 12. Go North on Rt 12 for about 10 miles. At the intersection with Rt 101 (traffic light) keep straight ahead
and follow Main St. through the rotary and to the Town Square (after going through the main business district). Go around the Town Square and park on the West side of the Square. Eagle Books is just around the corner on West Street. (Travel Time about 20 minutes)